This November BoxyCharm focused on Sweater Weather; Boxycharm is a monthly ($21) beauty box subscription, each month you will receive a box with 4-5 FULL SIZE beauty products to try out; I personally feel it’s one of the best beauty boxes on the market and recommend it to everyone.
- Luxie Beauty Quad Eye Travel Set – A quad travel set created with hand-crafted synthetic brushes. Cruelty Free & Vegan
- Cover FX Illuminating Setting Spray – A quick-drying setting spray that sets makeup for all day wear and imparts instant, all-over illumination. It’s alcohol free, so it’s not drying to the skin. Perfect for all skin tones and types. Clinically tested, paraben, fragrance, gluten, mineral oil, alcohol and talc free. Vegan.
- Winky Lux Kitten Palette – These ultra-soft shadows glide on like a dream. The universally flattering collection of shades makes this palette as lovable as a kitten. It features highly-pigmented shadows in four finishes: holographic, matte, satin and glitter. This palette is Cruelty Free, Paraben Free, & Gluten Free
- LAQA & CO. Cloud Lips – An airy matte lipstick that provides full coverage, but feels as light as a cloud. This highly-pigmented lipstick has a matte finish for long-lasting fluffy, pouty lips that stay put. Cruelty Free, Paraben Free, Gluten Free
- KNC Beauty Collagen Lip Masks – Innovative jelly mask for your lips that hydrate, moisturize and plump your pout with natural ingredients. No artificial dyes or fragrances, no parabens, no sulfates and no animal testing.
The Luxie Beauty Quad Eye Travel Set is adorable, this quad set includes brushes (207T, 213T, 221T, 227T), they are perfect for traveling, lightweight yet durable and the bristles are super soft.
The Cover FX Setting Spray is out of this world!! I’ve never had a setting spray that misted like this specific one. It doesn’t drench your face, it doesn’t leave big water spots, it’s a mist that goes on nice and evenly. This setting spray is very ILLUMINATING in other words, if you spray this more than once you will look a vampire from the movie Twilight, when you go out into the world, this illumination spray doesn’t play around.
The LAQA & CO. Cloud Lips is interesting…I received the shade “Storm” which looks dark brown upon first glance, but once applied it’s definitely more of a Merlot berry wine shade. The packaging is good and I like the twist up applicator but the shape of the lipstick does make it difficult to apply without needing to correct it inside of the lines. I think this shade would work really good for medium/dark skin tones, however if you are pale this shade will wash you out.
The KNC Beauty Collagen Lip Masks (I received 3), they feel like jello on your lips, they didn’t seem to really fit my lips specifically and they didn’t adhere to them so when I tested them out I had to lay down the whole (15-20) minutes as directed. After using these masks my lips felt dry, they didn’t feel plump or hydrated like I thought they might, definitely not a product that I would purchase.
The Winky Lux Kitten Palette is wonderful!! If you know me, then you know that I am a HUGE cat person… I love domestic and exotic cats and am a proud cat mama to several rescue cats so this palette screams my name with the kitten cuteness. This palette is PURRFECT, it can be used for a daytime look, a nice sultry evening look or even a smokey eye night time look. The pigmentation in this palette is INSANE, the only two shades I don’t absolutely love are “Dutchess” and “Strut”, aside from those this is a fantastic palette from Winky Lux. I do feel that this palette is similar to the Colourpop palettes in packaging, formula and pigmentation so if you enjoy Colourpop then you will love this palette. One thing I do wish this palette would have included is a mirror or some sort of graphic as opposed to the blank wasted space. I’ve decided that I’m going to print a picture of my cats, laminate it and glue it to the blank space to spruce it up a bit.
What’s the retail value for each product?
- Luxie Beauty – Quad Eye Travel Set – $32.00
- Cover FX – Illuminating Setting Spray – $31.00
- WinkyLux – Kitten Palette – $25.00
- LAQA & CO. – Cloud Lips – $17.00
- KNC Beauty – Collagen Lip Masks – $15.00
Total Retail Value: $120.00
All in all this month’s Boxycharm was 4.7/5 stars, the December box is looking pretty awesome if you haven’t subscribed for this box yet I highly recommend you do soon since they’ve been having a waiting list, again it’s $21/per month and the box total always exceeds that amount. If you received this month’s Boxycharm let me know what you’re favorite product was and what your thoughts are of the upcoming December box.