Hello beauties, it’s that time of the month again where I do my normal beauty box battle. For those just checking it out, it’s a battle between the Sephora Play beauty box and the Ipsy Glam bag, only one will reign supreme and the other will be cancelled. Let’s not waste any more time and dive right in.
IPSY GLAM BAG
- Oribe Hair Care – Gold Lust Dry Shampoo: This dry shampoo is great for lazy days when we don’t want to wash our hair, it soothes the scalp while it absorbs oil.
- NYX Professional Makeup – Lip Lingerie in Satin Ribbon: This is a long wearing, non-drying, healthy for your lips formula. It goes on soft and creamy and dries to a gorgeous matte finish.
- Cake by Cake Beauty – Heavy Cream Intensive Body Balm: This sweet-smelling lotion melts into your skin like butter on pancakes. It soothes, smoothes, and hydrates on the spot. It smells yummy without being over-the-top. Shout out to those subtly scented ingredients like aloe vera, coconut oil, shea butter and green tea extract.
- Dirty Little Secret Cosmetics – Eyeshadow in Sangria: It’s highly-pigmented, long-lasting, and very buildable – swipe it all over your lids for a wash of color, or layer it on for a dramatic look that lasts all night. This is a beautiful deep, plummy shade that makes an eye color look gorgeous. Plus, it’s cruelty-free.
- City Color Cosmetics – Contour Palette: It’s made up of pressed, fine powers that feel velvety-smooth and light on your skin. The contour, bronzer and highlight shades are highly pigmented and can be used wet for even more color payoff. The shimmery highlight captures light to give you an out-of-this-world glow.
Sephora Play Box
- Make Up For Ever Artist Face Color in B302: A pressed powder blush in a soft shimmery peach for a hint of warm cheek color. This high-quality formula delivers a natural flush that’s absolutely magical.
- GlamGlow SuperCleanse Clearing cream-to-foam cleanser: Ultra-creamy cleanser uses a blend of three charcoals to clear pores and remove excess oil and makeup.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid Highlighter in Opal: A liquid highlighter with superfine shimmer for a naturally luminous complexion. This cult-classic liquid formula, contains light reflecting pearls for a soft candlelit look.
- Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream: A hydrating and brightening under-eye cream that’s easy to pop in your bag for pick-me-ups throughout the day. Powered by peptides, it will keep you looking refreshed all day long, no matter how little sleep you got.
- Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment: Ultra-nourishing and moisturizing lip treatment keeps lips smooth, hydrated, and soft. This super-hydrating, sweet-smelling lip treatment contains sugar to prevent moisture loss, sea fennel extract to reduce wrinkles, and hyaluronic spheres to deliver hydration.
- Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Pre Shampoo Masque: This concentrated mask contains six rich oils for unbelievably soft and well-nourished hair. The perfect solution for dry strands in need of some love. This balm-to-oil formula contains coconut, argan, macadamia nut, sweet almond, safflower seed, and grapeseed oils to lock in moisture.
The Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo is amazing, as are many of the Oribe products. The scent is heavenly, it doesn’t leave behind a white powder residue like other dry shampoos I’ve tried, it doesn’t make my hair feel heavy or gross, and it’s an all-around great dry shampoo. The NYX Lingerie liquid lipstick in Satin Ribbon isn’t my favorite, it’s a nude with a slight pink undertone. Applying it was pretty streaky and not nice like other liquid lipsticks I’ve used, I also don’t think the color suited my skin tone at all, definitely a dud for me. Cake by Cake Beauty is a thick, deeply hydrating body cream, it leaves my skin noticeably soft and smooth and the scent is mouth-watering. The Dirty Little Secret eyeshadow in Sangria is gorgeous. I love DLS products and this eyeshadow didn’t disappoint, it’s highly pigmented, easy to blend and very buildable. The City Color contour palette is perfect for on-the-go, the contour and bronzer shades are highly pigmented so a small amount goes a long way, they are easy to blend and build and look great. The highlighter is also pigmented with a nice amount of shimmer that gives a great glow. The Make Up Forever Blush is gorgeous, it’s the perfect peachy pink shade that gives a natural glow. The GlamGlow supercleanser clearing cream-to-foam cleanser is amazing, it detoxifies the skin, removes dirt from clogged pores and excess oil and leaves you with beautiful glowing clear skin. Becca shimmering skin perfector in Opal is just as wonderful as the previous Becca products I’ve come to love. If you are wanting a radiant glow this is the product for you. The Clinique pep-start eye cream was less flattering, after using it I didn’t notice much of change. The Fresh Sugar advanced lip therapy was surprisingly good. I enjoy the durable tube it gives it that fancy feel and the formula is great too. It has a sweet scent and feel nice on the lips, not heavy or sticky but hydrating. The Bumble and Bumble hairdresser’s invisible oil wasn’t for me, it felt nice at first but then my hair felt really oily and after I shampooed and conditioned my hair still felt oily and gross so I wasn’t happy with it. There it is all my thoughts on all these products from each of these beauty boxes, but as I stated previously only one box will reign supreme and I will be cancelling the other box. I think that while both boxes had items that I enjoyed and items I didn’t I found more enjoyable items in my IPSY Glam Bag, so it’s the winner. If you received these beauty boxes, which items did you love and what did you dislike? As always thanks for visiting my page, be sure to follow me so you can stay up-to-date with even more amazing products.